Honda Ricers

discuss & share topics about anything can not be classified in the sub-forums above..
arozi
GC Whore
GC Whore

Honda Ricers

Post by arozi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Topik yang menggelitik dan berawal di grup whatsapp underground regional.
Pembicaraan tentang orang yang suka iseng dengan arogan "menggambar" modifikasi mobil lainnya alias lebih sering menjelekkan

"(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers. "

Source : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

PADAHAL MAH
"MOBIL AING KUMAHA AING" (kalo kata orang sunda)
Mobil saya ya Gimana saya

tapi itulah, dunia penuh keisengan, kalau saya sih hargai aja selera masing-masing.
Quotes dari Pakde Jarno JarDM :
"Money can not buy the taste"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B J O

arozi
GC Whore
GC Whore

Re: Honda Ricers

Post by arozi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Why are Honda's "The Ultimate Ricer"?

I go to school and take auto repair. I am not new to cars, and know what makes a car fast and what makes it........ stupid. If you drive a honda, fine, I don't care. Do what you want, it makes no difference to me. But why does every young male owner of a used honda have to make it "fast" (or so they think) by adding a fart can exhaust, carbon fiber hood, and retarded spoiler and body kit? I see these cars everyday, don't think I'm just making this up. And I know you see it too. Maybe you own one. These cars are not fast, intake and exhaust do relatively nothing to help your car's performance. They add a few horses, and make the car sound different. In the case of civics, they sound like **** most of the time. What I want to know is, why do these people even bother? You don't have a ton of money, I understand, I'm there too. But cheap aftermarket parts and a plethora of dumb accessories only make your car look cheaper than it is, and it brings out your ignorance in the automotive field.

Best Answer: theres a ton of ricers out there, not all hondas are ricers, not all just have exhaust and intake, those are just the 1st basic mods people do to the civics. dont assume all of them dont have anymore done, intake/header/exhasut are the 3 1st mods most ppl go for, its like a stage one air package so to speak. i know what you mean, i see them all the time, and it embaress me since i drive an 08 civic si. idk, i have a build going on for it, but being as im poor, it comes piece by piece. alot of ppl do the exhasut simply for sound. btu idk why ppl act like its only hondas, ive seen it done to all imports, and whos to say all the domestic cars, they slap an exhaust on them to and they sound like **** too. just becasue its a v8, you think it sounds mean. but when a 4cyl sounds mean, ppl say it sounds like a fart can.. idk i see alot of the hondas you speak of, but theres no shortage of nissans, mazdas, fords, chevys, and dodges that do stupid pointless mds to make there car "look better" or even sound
like that.

idk, as far as i see,depending on the restrictiveness of the stock exhasut, catbacks, can add from 2-9hp, intakes are like 2-8hp also depending on that. but then the header can add as much as 20-30hp, (these #s may seem high to you, but thats why i refered to restrictiveness of OEM parts)plus the intake exhaust and header all work to gether, they are complimentry so to speak, thats why they get done in pairs like that. you keep eliminating the bottle neck. after i/h/e your bottle neck as far as air goes is intake manifold and throttle body. which all of this, you cant see unless your looking(under car, or hood popped, so idk y you want to act like an intake an exhaust is all thats done, o wait you listed a bunch of other visible mods alos (Carbon fiber, spoilers bodykits nad such.)

anyways, alot of ppl dont care about speed, just how it looks, which is where the ppl with body kits, spoilers, carbon hoods, and a exhaust logic comes from. they just want to look good, not realizing it looks like crap half the time.) im not one of them, the only thing visually done to my car, is rims, and that is simply so i can fit wider tires on, (couldnt fit 235 on 7.5 inch wide rims)

i have an intake, header and exhaust, as well as a throttle body spacer and gaskets, and a intake manifold gasket, i also have hondata flashpro $700 tuning program. as i pointed out, i have wider, stickier tires, plus i have a short shifter and the shifter bushings to go with it. sure, i havent added major power by doing cams, or turbo or anyting, but im building my way to making good power, idk how your going to act like you kno of cars, and not consider that its a cumulative thing.

i honestly think, I/H/E are always 1st becasue they are basic bolt ons, that do in fact add power, they are easy to install, and in a true build, they would all have to be done anyways. alot of people have no intent of actually building a car, they are looking for a F & F looking car, whilst adding a few ponies to it, atleast i think thats those peoples logic.

idk, im going for a full build, havent decided if im going to keep it N/A or just go the F/I route. if i go F/I, my header is pointless since id have to get a turbo header anyways, but to build a civic N/A to be fast, is going to take serious cash. i drive a civic becasue for the money i see people spend on alot of semi quick cars, i can build my civic to be faster, and still maintain mpgs for less cash. plus, idk about you, but im a built not bought kinda guy(sure the platform is great, but come on, does it really take any skill to make a v8 fast...)

anyways, i guess my suggestion would be dont worry about what peopl do to their cars, unless your going to pay for it. also, i hope , i truely hope you realize, that hondas are not the only ricers, ricers arent even purely imports. its just how it is. remember,
RICE is

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements
B J O

YudhoAW
GC Enthusiast
GC Enthusiast

Post by YudhoAW » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Mobil urang, kumaha urang.
Mobil aing, kumaha aing.
Mobil abdi, kumaha abdi.
Mobil gw, ya terserah gw... :D :x :))
SH4 A/T 1988 aka CODET
Email : yudho.aw@gmail.com
Phone : 0812 959 8701
GANBATTE....!!!

ef abi
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by ef abi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Waaah..RICER nya aja sya blm paham benerrr

setuju deh ama quotes om om di atas
Duit Aing Mobil Aing Kumaha Aing..ahahahahaaa

basementproject
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by basementproject » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am

salam ricer dari bandung hahah
email/ym:yuqmail@yahoo.com
fb:yuqmustaqim
Basementproject

web online store
http://basementproject.id/

phone or sms :+628122188622
CINGCAW

bb 749c519f

yunistioG
GC Noob
GC Noob

Post by yunistioG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:08 am

iya yah....banyak bingitssss misalnya "anjas tingali mobil si eta mamantes karep...padahal mah ulah mke nu kitu makena jadi geleuh ningalina"
om ni bahas yang macam ginian kan?!

adeindra
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by adeindra » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:12 am

arozi
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by arozi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Jadi gini om
RICER tu julukan buat mobil-mobil yang bergaya sport tapi ga bisa lari kenceng (gitu deh)
RICER juga sama kayak plesetan lawan katanya RACER

Banyak orang yang tersinggung kalo dibilang RICER karena masalah harga diri
Maklum lah udah modif mahal-mahal dan puyeng mikirnya malah dikatain Ricer
hahhahahahahah

Kebanyakan yang disebut RICER malah honda dan toyota kali ya
B J O

adeindra
GC Whore
GC Whore

Post by adeindra » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:27 am

engga selalu harus bergaya kenceng jo

any "tasteless modification" could be considered as a ricer

hikmatgc
GC Lover
GC Lover

Post by hikmatgc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 pm

yup tasteless modification... tp dari yg berbau racing awalnya.. contoh kecilnya paket dari body kit sporty sudah pasti pelknya harus sporty.. dan minimal ada peningkatan tenaga pd mesin.. cuma ganti ujung knalpot, mbl berisik thats ricer.. meaningnya buat apa knalpot diganti? mesin nya ga diapa2in..

intuisi "taste" td akan tercipta sendiri nya apabila kita mempunya konsep dan arah yg jelas..

Past: 95 Toyota Kijang// 94 Fiat Uno II// 94 Honda Civic Estilo// 90 Honda Grand Civic Nouva// 02 Honda Civic Vi// 91 Honda Grand Civic Sedan
Present: 91 Honda Civic 35XT EF2